THIS SUMMER CAMP INSPIRES STUDENTS TO BECOME THE NEXT GREAT FILMMAKER.
Technology has revolutionized the film industry. While content has become easier and more affordable than ever to create – the marketplace has become that much more competitive. This five-day camp will teach aspiring videographers how to storyboard, capture, edit and distribute creative, consumption worthy digital content.
Our Video Production Camp will be taught by John Considine. In recent years, John has served as the Film Program Instructor at Tahoe Expedition Academy. John attended Penn State University where he studied Film and Television Production. While attending school, John worked as a freelance cinematographer for FUEL TV and The Big Ten Network, covering live sporting events and Reality TV shows.
After college, John moved to South Lake Tahoe, CA to film and ski in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains. He began working with Deep Roots Media and Cory Rich Productions as both a Camera Operator and Editor. John has also traveled the world as an editor and guest mentor for Nikon’s Mentor Series. John also worked as Producer /Director/Editor for the Docu/reality series “The Line” for Deerfield Media.
This offering will be differentiated to engage learners of all levels and abilities – from those who have never held a camera to those who have mastered some digital fundamentals and are hungry for more technical skills and how to’s. Each camp will include:
- Storyboarding and Shot Selection: Campers will create their film shot lists, think critically about their story and plan how best to capture relevant content.
- Camera Operation Using GoPro Heros: Campers will utilize camp provided GoPro Heros and GoPro accessories to capture action-packed, scenic and content-driven shots.
- File Management and Editing: After a few days in the field capturing content, campers will manage their work files in post-production. Exporting file work from SD Cards into Adobe Premiere post-production software. Note, camp will provide campers with Adobe Creative Cloud accounts for the duration of the camp as well!
- Character Development: “Teamwork makes the Dream Work.” Campers will work together in small teams and learn how soft skills and strong character traits like perseverance, collaboration and respect can take their projects from good to great. Lessons we hope last long after this camp ends.
Ages: 11 years old – 14 years old.
Days / Times: Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm.
Where: Martis Valley Campus, home to Tahoe Expedition Academy, located at 9765 Schaffer Mill Rd, Truckee CA 96161.
- Week 1 – Rescheduled to Monday, July 6 – Friday, July 10. (Originally June 29 – July 3).
- Week 2 – Monday, July 27 to Friday, July 31.
What to Bring: Please come prepared with a backpack, sunscreen, snacks & lunch, water bottle, good shoes for filming in the field.
Computer: Tahoe Summer Camps will provide iMacs and Adobe Premiere for campers onsite.
Final Products: Filmmakers will create a short film from start to finish using GoPros and Adobe Premiere.
Capacity: To increase social distancing measures, camp capacity has been reduced from 12 to 9 participants.