DIVE INTO THE FUTURE OF AI PURPOSE & CHATGPT!
OpenAI ChatGPT Lab is designed for campers 14 to 16 years old and instructed by Christopher Crevling, a seasoned, twenty year professional in the field of software development and business management. During the five day offering, campers, turned AI programers, will deep dive into OpenAI and ChatGPT.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. founded in 2015, originally a non-profit organization it shifted to a for-profit business around 2019. More recently, Microsoft has made investments of $1 billion in 2019 and upwards of $10 billion in early 2023 after OpenAI launched its AI model ChatGPT.
The company’s mission ‘is to ensure that artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity.’ Most notably, OpenAI ‘trained a model called ChatGPT which interacts in a conversational way. The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer follow-up questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests.’
Throughout the camp week students will explore the world of AI, and gain an understanding of Natural Language Processing, AI Projects and Purpose, and deep dive into the complexities of ChatGPT and its more current versions.
Daily lessons components, curriculum highlights and camper outcomes include:
Day 1: Introduction to OpenAI and ChatGPT
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing
- Explanation of AI and its history
- Overview of NLP and its importance
- Overview of OpenAI and its goals
- Explanation of OpenAI’s mission and purpose
- Discussion of OpenAI’s research and projects
- Understanding ChatGPT and its capabilities
- Explanation of how GPT works
- Overview of GPT’s architecture and performance
- Discussion of the applications and limitations of GPT
Day 2: Interacting with ChatGPT
- Hands-on exercises to familiarize with the GPT interface
- Practical exercises to understand how to interact with GPT
- Exploration of the different interfaces and tools available to interact with GPT
- Understanding the context and the language model prompt
- Explanation of the importance of the context in GPT’s output
- Overview of the different types of prompts and their effects on GPT’s output
- Customizing the prompt to fit specific tasks
- Hands-on exercises to create custom prompts for specific tasks
- Discussion of how to optimize prompts for maximum results
Day 3: Using ChatGPT for Text Generation
- Text generation with ChatGPT: Poetry, stories, lyrics, etc.
- Overview of text generation with GPT
- Hands-on exercises to generate different types of text with GPT
- Understanding the impact of the prompt on the generated text
- Discussion of the factors that affect the quality and coherence of generated text
- Hands-on exercises to evaluate the impact of the prompt on the generated text
- Fine-tuning the model to generate specific text styles
- Explanation of how to fine-tune the model for specific text styles
- Hands-on exercises to fine-tune the model for a specific style of text generation
Day 4: Using ChatGPT for Question Answering
- Understanding the limitations and advantages of using ChatGPT for question-answering
- Overview of the challenges and limitations of using GPT for question-answering
- Discussion of the benefits and advantages of using GPT for question-answering
- Creating effective prompts for question-answering tasks
- Explanation of the elements of an effective prompt for question-answering
- Hands-on exercises to create effective prompts for question-answering tasks
- Using ChatGPT to answer questions about various topics
- Hands-on exercises to answer questions about different topics using GPT
- Discussion of the accuracy and reliability of the answers generated by GPT
Day 5: Using ChatGPT for Language Translation
- Understanding the basics of machine translation
- Explanation of the basics of machine translation
- Overview of the different approaches to machine translation
- Fine-tuning the model for specific language pairs
- Explanation of how to fine-tune the model for specific language pairs
- Hands-on exercises to fine-tune the model for a specific language pair
- Evaluating the results of the language translation tasks
- Overview of the metrics and techniques used to evaluate machine translation
- Hands-on exercises to evaluate the quality of the language translations generated by GPT
- Hands-on exercises to translate text from one language to another
- Practical exercises to translate text
Instructed by Christopher Crevling
Chris is a seasoned professional in the field of software development and business management. He has over 20 years of experience in the industry, and has built a reputation for delivering high-quality solutions to his clients. He is a skilled coder and has a strong understanding of various programming languages and frameworks. He has also demonstrated an ability to lead and manage a team of developers, ensuring that projects are completed on time and to the client’s satisfaction. Chris teaches coding from time to time, he most recently taught at Tahoe Expedition Academy during the 2021-22 school year.
Ages: Designed for students 14 to 16 years old.
Gender: Girls and Boys.
Capacity: Limited to 10 participants per session.
When: Monday thru Friday, 9:00am – 3:00pm daily. Session dates TBA.
Where: Participants will meet each morning at Tahoe Expedition Academy’s 42 acre Martis Valley campus, located at 9765 Shaffer Mill Rd. Truckee, CA 96161
What to Bring: Computer Requirement – A PC Windows professional laptop or an updated MacBook Pro capable of running coding software. also pack lunch, snack, hat and sunglasses, as well as close toed shoes.
Camp Price: TBA