Explore Truckee + Tahoe's Incredible Wilderness
Little Incredibles Wilderness Camp teaches young campers how to become explorers who adventure along the mountains, forests and lakeshores of Lake Tahoe and Truckee, CA.
New locations, adventures and an exploration into the history of Native Americans indigenous to Tahoe and Truckee will highlight Summer ’24! As will an exploration of the early Spanish and American settlers the Washoe Tribe, who inhabited the shores of Tahoe and beyond, crossed paths with not so long ago.
Each camp week will focus on a specific nature-based theme like: Wind, Fire, Water or Earth. Hands-on activities, lessons, and adventures will explore each theme in depth.
- Earth – Campers will identify the large trees that comprise the forest canopy, like the Incense Cedar, which is one of the most drought and fire resistant trees in California. Campers will get their hands dirty gardening to dive deep into soil and plant ecology.
- Water – Campers will adventure to nearby lakes, rivers and creeks to observe how water travels through the mountains and how it shapes the Sierra. Campers will filter water from streams, explore riparian zones and observe the plants and animals that live nearby.
- Wind – Campers will explore how weather affects the Sierra and its animal inhabitants – especially its bird populations. To feel and measure the wind, campers will navigate alpine trails, create pinwheels and fly kites that resemble their favorite birds.
- Fire – Campers will learn how natural forest fires are good for forest health by clearing brush and debris that compete with larger, established trees. They will learn about camp fire safety and what to do in case of a fire emergency.
Adventures will take campers to alpine lakes along the Pacific Crest Trail, to the shores of Lake Tahoe, along the watershed of Martis Valley and deep into the Sierra conifer forests and beyond. Underway campers will learn backcountry camping how to’s, wilderness safety and what to do when things go wrong.
Ages: Designed for campers 5 to 6 years old. Note, campers must be bathroom independent.
Gender: Girls and Boys
Days / Times: Monday thru Friday, 9:00am – 3:00pm daily.
Where: Participants will meet each morning at Tahoe Expedition Academy, located at 9765 Shaffer Mill Rd. Truckee, CA 96161.
What to Bring: For the best possible camp experience, please ensure your child comes prepared with a backpack, sunscreen (applied), lunch, snack, water bottle, closed-toed shoes and a great attitude!
Capacity: Little Incredibles is limited to 16 participants per group.
- $645.00 (Full Week)
- $445.00 (July 4th Week, 3 day camp)